Patient Participation Group
A patient participation group (PPG) is a selection of patients and practice staff who meet at regular intervals to decide ways of making a positive contribution to the services and facilities offered by the practice to the patients.
What is the purpose of Patient Participation Groups?
- To give practice staff and patients the opportunity to discuss topics of mutual interest in their Practice.
- To provide the means for patients to make positive suggestions about the Practice and their own healthcare.
- To encourage health education activities within the Practice.
- To develop self-help projects to meet the needs of fellow patients.
- To act as a representative group that can be called upon to influence the local provision of Health and Social Care.
- To involve further patients from the wider population.
More information can be found at The National Association for Patient Participation.
Reports & Surveys
Patient Survey Report January 2014
Patient Survey Respondent Information January 2014
View Patient Participation Report 2014-15
View Patient Participation Report 2013-14
PPG Action Plan 2014-2015